[Xorg] Implementing "Xv" extension on DDX whichdon'tsupportitin

Egbert Eich eich at pdx.freedesktop.org
Tue Jul 13 12:18:03 PDT 2004

Roland Mainz writes:

 > Egbert:
 > Does that mean that it's valid that a fallback implementation for Xv
 > simply converts YUV to RGB and renderes using the PutImage() hook ?

Right.
You can do whatever you want with the video data as long as it ends
up in the right drawable (window) clipped to the visible portions of
the windows enterior.
You will have to do the color transformation and rescaling of the
video data before you ship it to the framebuffer.
I don't expect this to be extremely fast even on rather modern HW, though.

Egbert.