[Xorg] Xt 0.1.5 support for buttons 6 & 7

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Jul 8 09:52:07 PDT 2004

Around 7 o'clock on Jul 8, sand at blarg.net wrote:

> One thing that we might want to change is the first patch block for
> "X.h".  I added the Button6MotionMask and Button7MotionMask entries to
> the bottom of the *Mask list, in case shuffling the bit values of
> the existing entries would break something.

You don't get to change X.h at all; you can't add new event masks to the
protocol (the X server would have to be changed to support them), and you
needn't add new Button? names.  I'd add Xt specific button names instead

	#define XtButton6	6
	#define XtButton7	7

I don't know how hard it will be to get Xt to accept buttons for which no
event selection or state bits exist, but that's the only way to make this
work.

-keith