[Xorg] The big multiconsole nasty

Egbert Eich eich at pdx.freedesktop.org
Wed Jul 7 05:28:59 PDT 2004

Thomas Winischhofer writes:

 > I said "look at", not "copy". "Writing identical values to registers" is
 > certainly not violating the GPL.

This is exactly the problem: It isn't clear to me (and others here
probably have the same problem) how far one can go. Register values
are not the only problem, it may be the order in which they are
written (which often is not trivial to get right) or some other algorithms
which when I have seen them I probably would implement in a similar way.

You probably know much more about these things than I do.

Egbert.