[Xorg] [behdad at cs.toronto.edu: [fdo] Updated syncmail script for new CVS loginfo syntax]

Daniel Stone daniel at freedesktop.org
Sat Jul 3 00:34:10 PDT 2004

----- Forwarded message from Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at cs.toronto.edu> -----

Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 02:11:25 -0400
From: Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at cs.toronto.edu>
To: freedesktop at freedesktop.org
Subject: [fdo] Updated syncmail script for new CVS loginfo syntax

Hi,

If you are getting tired of being teased about updating your
syncmail script to the new CVS loginfo syntax, this mail is for
you.

If you have opted to use the CIA script, you have already
switched to the new loginfo format.  If not, you need to do now.
For that you need to add

UseNewInfoFmtStrings=yes

to the CVS config file.  Then if you have script using the old
format you can escape it by using 1 after the % ie:

ALL $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/syncmail %1{sVv} fribidi-commit at pdx.freedesktop.org

After changing all of them, you still get teased by another
warning message, suggesting you rewrite your scripts to use the
new format.  I did it for syncmail script and you can just copy.

I changed the name of the script from 'syncmail' to 'maildiff',
because I had to change the usage syntax.  So what you need to do
is:

1. Import maildiff in CVSROOT of your project (you probably want
to add it to the checkoutlist too, and also removing old
syncmail).  Get maildiff from
pdx.freedesktop.org:/cvs/fribidi/CVSROOT/maildiff

2. Replace the syncmail line in loginfo by:

ALL $CVSROOT/CVSROOT/maildiff fribidi-commit at pdx.freedesktop.org %{sVv} %p

That's all.

Note that you cannot use "%s" with maildiff anymore.  Instead,
you can use the same script and loginfo file with both the new
loginfo format and the old one.

Cheers,
--behdad
  behdad.org