[Xorg] Commit messages

Egbert Eich eich at pdx.freedesktop.org
Tue Feb 24 12:23:05 PST 2004

Hi!

I'm about to commit changes to the CVS admin files so that
a different style CVS commit message is produced.
This will no longer happen on a per directory basis, but
will contain all directories that were touched during one
commit (at least if this commit was done from a remote machine
as it usually is).
It includes the log message and the list of files which were
changed with the new version number and the number of lines
that have changed.
It will also not contain the diff to avoid flooding mailboxes,
instead I have a script (~eich/scripts/diff_extract.sh) on fd.o
which will take the commit message on stdin and dump the diff
to stdout. So far it cannot show the diff resulting from the
removal of a file.

The log message will look something like this:

CVSROOT:	/cvs/xorg
Module name:	testdir
Changes by:	eich at pdx.	04/02/24 07:54:02

Log message:
  - commit to testfile to verify log message mailings

Modified files:
      ./:
        testfile

  Revision      Changes    Path
  1.2           +3 -0      testdir/testfile

If I don't hear loud protest until tomorrow, I'm going to commit
these changes.

Cheers,
	Egbert.