Fatal server crash:

Felix Kühling fxkuehl at gmx.de
Wed Dec 29 07:44:32 PST 2004

Am Mi, den 29.12.2004 schrieb Thomas Hellström um 15:52:
> Hi!
>
> I get a fatal server crash when using a 6.8.2 prerelease from mandrake
> cooker together with a recent version of Mozilla. I've also seen this
> crash with earlier versions of  Xorg.  Log attached. It apparently all
> boils down to:
>

> Fatal server error:
> WaitForSomething(): select: errno=22
>

> Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
>          at http://wiki.X.Org
>  for help.
>
> Any hints on what this can be?

We used to get these in conjunction with a broken DRM. It had something
to do with how the poll system call is handled by the DRM device IIRC.
AFAIK the change that broke it was reverted later. Try again with a more
recent DRM.

> /Thomas

Regards,
  Felix

--
| Felix Kühling <fxkuehl at gmx.de>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |