[R300] Xorg cvs problem

Jerome Glisse j.glisse at free.fr
Mon Dec 27 09:18:26 PST 2004

Michel Dänzer wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 09:26 -0500, Keith Conger wrote:
>

>>Ok I changed to 24 can't remember why I bumped it down to 16 in the
>>first place. Also comment out the Option you had me add the artifacts do
>>not show.
>>

>Hmm, sounds like the host data byte swapping doesn't work via the CP for
>some reason...

I fear this too after lot of test whatever value i wrote to
RADEON_RBBM_GUICNTL
or
RADEON_DP_GUI_MASTER_CNTL

I got the screen corrupted in the same way, i think
i should have see some change...

There must be some magic incantation to do in some
strange place to change the situation. Maybe we should
ask ati... They should help us to correct only a stupid byte
swapping problem :)

Anyway i will browse darwin source see if there is
radeon code somewhere available with the magic formula :)

best,
Jerome Glisse