Corrupted display (radeon_accelfuncs.c)

Jerome Glisse j.glisse at free.fr
Sun Dec 26 13:44:28 PST 2004

Vladimir Dergachev wrote:

>> hhhmm
>>
>> I experimented a bit but the problem is still around i am wondering
>> if the problem did not came from the planemask provided to
>>
>>   RADEONSetupForScanlineImageWrite
>>
>> Or the problem is in
>>   RADEONSubsequentScanlineImageWriteRect
>>
>> This code (radon_accelfuncs.c) is an Xorg file or it came from DRI ?
>

> It is an Xorg file.
>
> What bothers me is that there are artifacts observed outside of
> drawing area.
>
> If the problems were simply with the endianness of image data we would
> see scrambled images but nothing more.
>
> Looking at the code again I see that RADEONCPScanlinePacket() makes use
> of info->dp_gui_master_cntl_clip but it is not set in every Setup
> function.
>
> Could you try setting this value for functions that need it ?
>
>                    thank you !
>
>                         Vladimir Dergachev
>

>> I could only test on r300 maybe r200 on ppc did not have this bug.
>> Anyone can test ?
>>
>> Maybe we should add a bug to Xorg bugzilla for that.
>>
>> If anybody get idea on this.
>>
>> best,
>> Jerome Glisse

I think i found the guilty function :

RADEONCPScanlinePacket(ScrnInfoPtr pScrn, int bufno)
(radeon_accelfuncs.c in ati drivers for xfree86)

Still not 100% sure that this is the one but i got a strong
filling against this one :) If anybody see an error in the
function or know how to fix it.

Until now i only success in locking the computer (anyway
computer are 10 times easier to lock than to make it works
properly :()

best,
Jerome Glisse