radeon drm/dri

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Fri Dec 24 19:35:58 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-24 at 20:05 +0100, Jerome Glisse wrote:

> Right now i am playing with agp support for G5 and i got nothing else than
> X.org & DRI for testing. I success in getting X starting & claiming that
> he has no problem and i see the cursor and the normal background of X
> but then the X server start to grow is processor use until max. The box
> is still alive as i can ssh in.
>
> So my question is there any issue with Xorg/DRI/DRM on mac i see Benjamin
> sending patch not so long but i have not checked if they were in my Xorg
> version (cvs checkout from yesterday for Xorg & drm). If DRI/DRM is not
> broken then i guess this is because i doing something wrong with my agp
> code.

That's more likely indeed. You should be able to verify that with

	Option	"BusType" "PCI"

> Is there is way to test agp other than using DRI/DRM so i can work without
> killing my X every 5min :) ?

I'm not sure any AGP functionality can be exercised in a hardware
independent way. There used to be a drmtest.c file in the Mesa tree,
don't know what happened to it. There's also a tests directory in the
drm tree, but I'm not sure how useful that is for your purposes. It
sounds like you may be in a good position to write a good test
though? :)