radeon/r128 patches

David Stanaway david at stanaway.net
Fri Dec 24 09:24:48 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-24 at 02:43, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 15:07 -0600, David Stanaway wrote:
>
> > In Panther, the display is fine.
>
> When you reboot in Open Firmware after going to panther, is your second
> monitor set up at the full resolution or not ? Can you try with OS 9
> provided you still have it around ? I want to make sure that the OF
> driver properly sets up the external TMDS transmitter for the higher
> frequency (r128 doesn't have an internal one, does it ?)

How would I check this?
What I did was boot up Panter, set the resolution, restart -> yaboot ->
Linux. GDM Started up with X 4.3.0.1 (Debian package), which I exited
and started up Xorg. Would this have intefered with the CRTC2 registers?

> It would be useful also to try to "spy" the registers in MacOS, but
> while I know how to do it in OS 9, I don't have the tools for that in
> Panther.

I have the 9.1 cd about somewhere and a swap partition :) Hope its big
enough. 366 M

Let me know what you need to run to spy the registers, and in what
conditions.

Oh, and I hope everyone has a good Christmas.