patches on FC3 Re: [ANN] X11R6.8.2 Release Candidate 1 is out!

Allen Akin akin at pobox.com
Wed Dec 22 18:40:33 PST 2004

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 11:42:31AM +1100, Dave Airlie wrote:
| > but the worst is, GL includes are putted on /usr/include/GL
| > instead /usr/X11R6/include/GL why ? ...
|
| that I assume is because the OpenGL API says thats where they are...

Right.  The reason is that OpenGL exists independently of X.  You can
have (and some people do have) UNIX-based systems with OpenGL but
without X.

In theory, the stuff in /usr/include/GL/gl.h is applicable to all OpenGL
systems.  /usr/include/GL/glx.h would be available only on systems that
support OpenGL under X.

Allen