radeon/r128 patches

Brian Victor bhv1 at psu.edu
Sat Dec 18 11:10:05 PST 2004

On Sat, Dec 18, 2004 at 11:49:19AM -0500, Alex Deucher wrote:
>> The server doesn't start up.  The short description of the problem is,
>> "Requested Entity already in use."
>that patch only implements vgaaccess in the r128 driver.  for dualhead
>you'll need to apply the patch in but 1760 as well.  I'm planning to
>post an updated r128 dualhead patch soon. the 'entity in use' error is
>because the driver you are using is not dualhead aware.  the patch in
>2089 should allow you to use single head without usefbdev.

Excellent.  I checked out CVS HEAD and applied 1760, and now I have dual
head working.  I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for that.

I am getting a lot of artifacts on the external display.  They look like
vsync problems, but the syncs I'm setting in xorg.conf are exactly what
ViewSonic says the monitor accepts.  xvidtune only wants to manipulate
the lcd, so I don't know what I can do to fix that.  But I'm assuming
the artifacts are due to something I'm doing wrong rather than a driver
bug.

Now my wish list is down to runtime addition/removal of the external
display. :)  Thanks to both you and Ben for your work on this!

--
Brian