VGA out on ATI Technologies Inc M9+ 5C63 [Radeon Mobility 9200 (AGP)] (rev 01)

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Sat Dec 18 06:48:30 PST 2004

On Sat, 2004-12-18 at 15:11 +0000, Alessandro Ronchi wrote:

> but I cannot use the MonitorLayout option. Without this option VGA out
> still doesn't work.
>
> Is there a solution to this problem?
>
> In compilation operation I've got this problem with make (and it failed
> to compile):
>
> radeon_driver.c:1474: error: previous implicit declaration of
> 'RADEONUpdatePanelSize' was here
>
> I simply moved the 'RADEONUpdatePanelSize' function declaration before
> its use, in the file radeon_driver.c. It would be nice to update also
> the CVS code, do you want this simply patch?

I just checked out & build the tree without problem...

Can you verify you are fully up to date ?

The SEGV is interesting. It would be nice if you could get at least a
backtrace with gdb or some more details about the crash. We fixed
recently a possible cause of SEGV related to the mode list handling, but
we may have missed something.

Ben.