xc/programs considered harmful

Stuart Anderson anderson at netsweng.com
Fri Dec 17 08:40:39 PST 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Daniel Stone wrote:

> I understand that xeyes/xlogo/xedit/etc are all neat and whatever, but I
> don't see their place in the monolithic tree, and I think we can set a
> great precedent by moving the maintainence of these tools to the modular
> tree, if they are still required, and then that can become the canonical
> upstream source.

I don't think your first message was explicite about adding them to the
module tree, which means they are just moving, not being purged from the
universe.

Which modular project would these be moving to?

                                 Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson at netsweng.com
Network & Software Engineering                   http://www.netsweng.com/
1024D/37A79149:                                  0791 D3B8 9A4C 2CDC A31F
                                                  BD03 0A62 E534 37A7 9149