CVS lock ?

Vladimir Dergachev volodya at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 16 05:57:33 PST 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Daniel Stone wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 08:11 -0500, Vladimir Dergachev wrote:
>> volodya at silver:/nfs/node2-storage/Trees/xf86/X.org/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ati$
>> cvs -z3 update radeon_accel.c
>> M radeon_accel.c
>>
>> And the output of cvs -z3 status radeon_accel.c confirms I have an
>> up to date version:
>
> Wow, I have no idea, sorry.  Try starting from a clean tree (maybe a
> clean checkout), and moving your changes into place; sounds like CVS is
> horribly, horribly confused.

Well, the tree was working fine just a couple of days ago. I also tried
checking out a fresh copy of radeon_accel.c with no success.

One thing that might be the issue is the following output of
cvs -z3 log radeon_accel.c :

RCS file: /cvs/xorg/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ati/radeon_accel.c,v
Working file: radeon_accel.c
head: 1.13
branch:
locks: strict
access list:
symbolic names:
[snip]

As you can see it mentions locks: strict, which I understand will prevent
anyone from committing. On the other hand it might be normal for CVS..

                         best

                           Vladimir Dergachev