host.def file and AgpGartDrivers (6.8.1)

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Fri Dec 10 11:56:48 PST 2004

When setting up the host.def file and enabling AgpGartDriver, I get the
following error and the build stops at that point.

make[6]: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/siliconmotion'
 cleaning in programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/AgpGartDrivers...
 make: *** AgpGartDrivers: No such file or directory. Stop.
 make: Entering an unknown directorymake: Leaving an unknown directorymake[5]:
*** [clean] Error 2
 make[5]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers'
 make[4]: *** [clean] Error 2
 make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86'

Now if I do not enable this and choose say ati as the driver, the build from
source completes fine and all is well. Looking through the source tarballs,
indeed there is no such animal (file or directory)
"called /usr/src/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/AgpGartDrivers". Am I
missing something here?