kdrive vs. Xserver vs. future

Christian Parpart trapni at gentoo.org
Fri Dec 3 00:52:25 PST 2004

Hi all,

well, this is an issue I'm having for a looong time now;

I know, that there is / has been an X server called kdrive
with very less resource usage, for targeted for handhelds or
so; now, there's also a project named Xserver that is deemed
to use the kdrive technology.

However, lots of ppl still say: this is kdrive, others say,
this is Xserver using kdrive technology.

So, All I know, is, that kdrive is just a subdir of Xserver, and
that all ppl say, xserver is the next generation of X. But others
also say: this is just the playground for new technologies, a sandbox.

So, what about Xservers future?

Regards,
Christian Parpart.

--
Netiquette: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
 09:47:44 up 35 days,  2:17,  1 user,  load average: 0.02, 0.08, 0.08