X.org with multiple video cards

Kaczmarek, Thaddeus tkaczmar at Crownfin.com
Thu Dec 2 17:50:20 PST 2004

On Dec 02, 2004 08:41 PM, Brian Fallik <baf11 at cornell.edu> wrote:

>I asked this question on the gentoo forums and didn't get any response,
>so I'm moving upstream.
>
>I have an nforce2 motherboard (w/ built in video chip) in addition to a
>nvidia GeForce4 Ti 4200. I currently have the nforce video disabled and
>only use the 4200, which works perfectly in x-org 6.8.
>
>So here comes the question.
>
>1. Can I configure x.org (and the kernel, and udev, etc) to recognize
>both video cards?
>
>2. Can I configure x.org to use the nforce2 as a secondary screen, as
>though it were a dual head configuration? I want both screens to be
>controlled by a single terminal/login/session.
>
>3. Can I have this controllable, so that it only happens occasionally?
>In other words, the monitor I connect to the nforce2 may not always be
>connected and I don't want any errors in this case.
>
>Thanks in advance!

As long as you can see them with the xorg -scanpci  commanc you should
be fine.
Confirm the syntax but I think that looks right.

Ted
DISCLAIMER

confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me and
permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout
thereof.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The
sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in
the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
REGARDING PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Crown Financial Group may, at its discretion, monitor and review the content
of all e-mail communications.