Kdrive tree/status

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu Dec 2 08:37:25 PST 2004

Around 10 o'clock on Dec 2, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Is there any reason not to just rewrite the wiki/ off for
> everything? It just looks like an implementation detail leaking
> out to the person reading the website...

Not easily.  You have to continue to make regular files and other cgi
scripts available somehow, and attempting to 'guess' which URLs are part
of the wiki and which point elsewhere is a pain.  We had a lot of rewrite
rules in the old site and it was rather fragile.

> (I wonder if there is some way to configure Moin to emit
> URIs with / rather than _2f... That's a far worse implementation
> detail leaking out.)

Carl tried for a day or so; it's harder than it should be.

(yes, moin has some warts)

-keith