radeon 8500 mergedfb flicker

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 03:52:10 PST 2004

> Can you try hacking the bit of code that calcs PLL values for P2PLL so
> that it never picks up odd post divider values ? that's a known issue
> with the external TMDS transmitter (though it would only affect real DVI
> afaik, not analog).

Well it's all analog at the moment, but I'll try anything, at the
moment I've got the shaky display on the VGA flatpanel and it is a lot
less distracting running on that at the moment... so I'm happy to stay
with it if it can be tracked down...

> Also, I spotted a bug in the bandwidth calculation code that may trigger
> with some specific vram setups, I yet have to post a patch tho.

Well I'll await, I might try getting my hands on another 8500 (granted
finding that one took me forever at work...)

Dave.