[Xorg] Development policies/GATOS merge

Ian Romanick idr at us.ibm.com
Fri Aug 27 11:12:34 PDT 2004

Vladimir Dergachev wrote:

> I have a few questions about Xorg development policies that I could not
> find an easy answer to on the web, could some of the developer please
> comment ? - Thank you !
>
>      * What is the procedure for submitting patches to Xorg tree ?

Either send them to the mailing list or submit a bugzilla with the patch
as an attachment.  I think the later is better for larger patches, esp.
when a release is close.

>      * Is it possible/what is required to obtain CVS access ?
>        (Specifically for GATOS TV-in/TV-out enhancements to ATI cards
>         drivers)

Like with most open-source projects:  prove your worth, then ask. :)

>      * Is there a particular person maintaining
>        xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ati

I /think/ either Egbert Eich or Hui Yu.  I'm not 100% sure.  I suppose
that's one thing that the various drivers could really use.  Each driver
should clearly list the maintainer (if there is one) in the header of
the *_driver.c file.  This is, of course, above and beyond listing the
authors.