[Xorg] X11R6.8: Problem with continuous stream of requests with op = 144

Deron Johnson Deron.Johnson at Sun.COM
Tue Aug 24 08:35:27 PDT 2004

I am experiencing a problem with the latest version of X11R6.8.
I am using the head of the cvs repository as of about 10:30
this morning. But the problem has been there for a couple of
weeks.

(I've worked around the Xdmcp Wraphelp.c failures, so I know
that isn't what is causing the problem).

The problem is that whenever I run the Project Looking Glass
Display Server, which is a 3D app which uses OpenGL, the
X server receives a continual flood of requests with op = 144.
My machine has an Nvidia Quadro FX 2000 (with the 5335 driver,
I think).

When I step into the function which dispatch.c calls for this
op, the function is _nv000021gl, which doesn't tell me a whole
lot. But I'm guessing that what I am seeing is a continuous
stream of buffer swap requests.

I doubt that this is an issue with the Nvidia driver, because
I don't experience this problem when I run Xfree86 X11R6.7.

Is there some sort of extra configuration step that I need to
make for X11R6.8, or possibly some newer DRI module that I need
to configure?

Thanks for your help,

     Deron Johnson
     Sun Microsystems