[Xorg] suggestions on running xtest?

Kevin E Martin kem at freedesktop.org
Tue Aug 24 06:15:59 PDT 2004

On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 10:53:33PM -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:
> I was trying to use xreg, but it's taking forever.  What I really want
> to do, though, is run xtest's tests of graphical operations on my
> running X server with automatic compositing on, and skip the rest of the
> xreg process.  Anyone want to suggest to me how I want to be running
> xtest?  I'm poking at the docs, but I'm not finding what I want easily.

This is actually what xreg is really good at handling.

For example, to run the X test suite test for XCopyArea on your running
X server running at depth 16 from the project root /tmp/XorgTEST, simply
run:

xreg -projroot /tmp/XorgTEST -d 16 -nostart -xorg -xtest -test XCopyArea

or if you want to just run the drawing tests, which are in chapter 6 of
the test suite, then run:

xreg -projroot /tmp/XorgTEST -d 16 -nostart -xorg -xtest -chapter CH06