[Xorg] Re: Where to commit Savage DDX changes?

Alex Deucher alexdeucher at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 14:39:17 PDT 2004

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 22:37:35 +0200, Felix Kühling <fxkuehl at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to make a small change to the savage DDX in order to make the new
> (not yet committed) DRI interface code work properly. Currently the
> visual configs created by the server don't match the ones created by
> __driUtilFillInModes. Where should I commit this change? DRI CVS is dead
> and Xorg CVS doesn't have the latest DRI support integrated yet (Alex'
> patch). I suppose that won't happen before the next Xorg release. Alex,
> what about developping DRI support in the Savage DDX on a branch in Xorg
> CVS for a while? I guess this would be a good idea anyway, when I start
> revamping the DRM.

This is probably a good idea, as I'm not sure how long cvs will be
locked down for pending the new xorg release.  the X tree on my savage
laptop has a HUGE number of changes on it including revamped streams
handling, mode validation, and dualhead/mergedfb support for mobile
savages.  I'd like to get them committed somewhere at somepoint.

Alex