[Xorg] Graphical glitches in xfwm, pekwm when used with xcompmgr

Owen Hofmann 06 oshofmann at amherst.edu
Tue Aug 17 20:20:54 PDT 2004

Hi.  I just got around to trying out a recent version of the X.org
server, and found that using xcompmgr along with xfwm, and later pekwm,
caused some graphical glitches in window decorations.  I tried metacity,
and it seemed to be fine.

Some screenshots:
http://www.amherst.edu/~oshofmann/xorg/metacity.png
http://www.amherst.edu/~oshofmann/xorg/xfwm.png
http://www.amherst.edu/~oshofmann/xorg/pekwm.png

I'm running a cvs build from the evening of 8/17, on Arch Linux, on a
laptop with a geforce4 mx.  These shots are taken with the nvidia binary
drivers, but the nv driver showed the same problems.

I must say I'm really excited about the rapid development of the X.org
server.

Thanks,
Owen