[Xorg] Re: Xorg tinderbox status

Bryce Harrington bryce at osdl.org
Tue Aug 17 09:27:14 PDT 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 10:42:07PM -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > > Are we ready to do this? I chatted very very briefly with Daniel about
> > > this in Oxford but left this dangling for this week[end?].
> >
> > I'd say the time's ripe for it.  :-)
>
> Let's schedule this for Saturday, then.

Sounds good.  How can I help with it?

> > Yeah, I've been playing with various bits, and in fact was just playing
> > while, and prints out stuff like this:
>
> So from Thomas' description you're getting a test failure.

Yes, that explained the output very well, thanks Thomas.

Fwiw, I got a lot of output from it...  It seemed fairly continuous
through the test.  I'll get a better capture of it next time I run it.

> Can you quantify how much time it took to run, and what sort of hardware
> you're running it on?

Sure, I'll get a more detailed time report and machine summary tonight
or tomorrow.  Like I mentioned it seemed to take less than a few minutes
- I started it, went for coffee, and it was done when I got back.  This
is on a 3GHz P4 with 512k cache, 1G memory, and ATI Radeon R350.

> Have you taken a look at the other tests to evaluate how runnable they
> are?

Not yet, but I plan to do that.  Rendercheck was the first test on my
list.
> > rendercheck took a few minutes to run.  Unless there's a way to boil
> > down the above data into a yea/nay type value I don't think they're
> > useful as pre-checkin requirements.
>
> As they're failing, you'd assume it isn't that easy to fix anyway. It is
> probably easy to boil it down to a succeed/fail model -- just check if
> the expected values match the actual values, and bonk if not.

*Nod*  And track the quantity of success/failures, like we do for LTP.

> > rendercheck is easy to fire up - there's no supported args.  The output
> > I'm not certain about though.
>
> Is this someone included in the X distribution, or do you need to
> download it separately?

It's from a separate repository from the pdx.freedesktop.org anonymous
cvs.  It requires xrender to run (which I got via cairo).

Bryce