[Xorg] Support of ancient servers in Xorg tree?

Keith Whitwell keith at tungstengraphics.com
Tue Aug 17 04:26:10 PDT 2004

Stuart Anderson wrote:
> I think it is up to the vendors that provided these DDX to decide what
> their status is (ie it's your call). Fix it, turn it off, or rip it out.
> Like Mike said, if it stays in, it should get a tinderbox to prove it at
> least builds ok. There should be a row for it in the Release Readiness Table
> if you want it.

Hmm.  I'd prefer to see that differently - the presumption should be that the
code should be ripped out unless somebody steps up and (a) protests and (b) is
seen to demonstrate willingness to maintain the code.  I don't see any value
in keeping broken code in the tree otherwise.  If someone wants it back in the
future, it will still be in the repository (just not visible on the head).

Otherwise, we're all tiptoe-ing around trying not to offend people who
probably don't exist & if they do are much more interested in other stuff.

Keith