[Xorg] Re: Xorg tinderbox status

Bryce Harrington bryce at osdl.org
Mon Aug 16 22:42:07 PDT 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 10:20:39AM -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> >    + Add Bonzai
> >    + Investigate how to get historical data from it
>
> Are we ready to do this? I chatted very very briefly with Daniel about
> this in Oxford but left this dangling for this week[end?].

I'd say the time's ripe for it.  :-)

> > * Tests worth people running right now
> >    + xfw4
> >    + x11perf
> >    + rendertest.
>
>     - Has anyone tracked down how hard or easy it is to get these running?

Yeah, I've been playing with various bits, and in fact was just playing
with rendercheck about an hour ago.  'rendertest' is part of Cairo, but
I think I must have typoed it in the list above - 'rendercheck' is the
thing we want.  It pops up a little window that flashes colors for a
while, and prints out stuff like this:

src: 1x1R r8g8b8, mask: 10x10 r8g8b8, dst: r8g8b8 window
ConjointXor CA composite test error of 64.0000 at (0, 0) --
got:       0.00 1.00 0.00 1.00
expected:  0.00 0.00 0.00 1.00
src color: 0.00 1.00 0.00 1.00
msk color: 0.00 1.00 0.00 1.00
dst color: 0.00 1.00 0.00 1.00
src: 10x10 r8g8b8, mask: 1x1R r8g8b8, dst: r8g8b8 window
ConjointXor CA composite test error of 64.0000 at (0, 0) --
got:       0.00 1.00 0.00 1.00
expected:  0.00 0.00 0.00 1.00
src color: 0.00 1.00 0.00 1.00
msk color: 0.00 1.00 0.00 1.00
dst color: 0.00 1.00 0.00 1.00

I don't know how to interpret those results, though, and suspect that
like usual the value is in the analysis here...

>     - Are they reasonable pre-checkin requirements, or do they run in
>       geological time?

rendercheck took a few minutes to run.  Unless there's a way to boil
down the above data into a yea/nay type value I don't think they're
useful as pre-checkin requirements.

>     - How easy is it to fire them up and grep through the output to
>       guess for errors and warnings?

rendercheck is easy to fire up - there's no supported args.  The output
I'm not certain about though.

Bryce