[Xorg] Get rid of checkerboard

Egbert Eich eich at pdx.freedesktop.org
Tue Aug 3 07:06:45 PDT 2004

Soeren Sandmann writes:
 > Keith Packard <keithp at keithp.com> writes:
 >
 > > Around 22 o'clock on Aug 2, Soeren Sandmann wrote:
 > >
 > > > Would anyone object if I commit a patch to remove the initial
 > > > checkerboard pattern you see between the time the X server starts up
 > > > and the ?dm starts drawing the background?
 > >
 > > There's already a command line option to select a black background.  Do
 > > you intend something different?  Or do you just want that to be the
 > > default?
 >
 > Yeah just making that the default, and add a -nobr option that will
 > get the checkerboard.

X is usually started from a script (like startx) or from a display manager
which should come with a config file where the Xserver command line can be
specified. So this can easily be fixed there.
It is started as a stand alon binary mostly for debugging purposes, for this
I prefer the checkerboard.

Egbert.