[Xorg] CVS HEAD -- ftfuncs.c:931: error: structure has nomembernamed `find_sbit_image'

Egbert Eich eich at pdx.freedesktop.org
Mon Aug 2 10:48:44 PDT 2004

Owen Taylor writes:

 > Please, please, please, I beg you, do *not* encourage people to install
 > a second libfreetype.so on their system.
 >
 > It won't overwrite the distribution's version, no. It *will* cause the
 > person to submit a Pango bug report 6 months from now because configure
 > tests are running against one libfreetype and Pango is linking against
 > the other, or because Pango is linking against one libfreetype and
 > running against the other, or some other weirdness that the user has
 > no chance at all of being able to debug correctly.

I know, having multiple versions of a library installed in different
places in the library search path begs for problems. If one doesn't
know exactly what he is doing the results may be quite strange.
I don't encourage this solution and therefore fixed the problem
by adding #ifdefs to build the new code conditionally.

Please let me test my changes then I'll submit them.

Cheers,
	Egbert.