[Xorg] Some keys of my apple keyboard stopped working

Jens Gutzeit xorg at gutzeit.at
Fri Apr 23 09:08:58 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I've searched google and the FAQ Wiki, but can't find a solution to my
problem.

I had upgradet from xfree86 to xorg, yesterday and the [|<>] and [ß?] keys
stopped working. It's a Apple Pro with german layout, connected to my PC with
USB.

This is my keyboard config:
Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Keyboard1"
    Driver      "Keyboard"
    Option      "AutoRepeat"    "500 30"
    Option      "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
    Option      "XkbModel"      "pc104"
    Option      "XkbLayout"     "de"
    Option      "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
EndSection

The same config works with xfree86, but not with xorg.

I'm using 6.7.0 from Gentoo, on Kernel 2.6.5.

I've uploaded my logfile to my webspace, to keep the mail small:
http://gutzeit.at/Xorg.0.log

thanks in advance,
Jens