[Xorg] A small wheel emulation extension

Alex Gontmakher gsasha at cs.technion.ac.il
Wed Apr 14 03:34:26 PDT 2004

Hi,

On my laptop (Thinkpad R40), there are two scrolling devices. Having no
need for both, I'd rather use the second one for scrolling only.
However, the WheelEmulation works only when a button is pressed - which
is too elaborate for just scrolling. So, I have modified the code in
such a way that EmulateWheelButton=0 turns scrolling on without any
button being pressed.

I would be glad if the patch was accepted into the source. The patch and
its description can be found at
http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/~gsasha/laptop/index.html

Alex