xorg-server-1.9.99.901 requires missing protocols

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Sun Dec 12 10:33:47 PST 2010

xorg-test is for discussing the X Test Suite, not test versions of the software.
I've cc'ed xorg-devel, which is where we discuss the development of the Xorg
server and other parts of the X Window System.

Serg . wrote:
> Hi for All!
> I try to compile newest "xorg-server-1.9.99.901" and detect few critical
> problem -
> required components unavailable:
> randrproto >= 1.4
> xextproto >= 7.1.99
>
> Newest available
> randrproto-1.3.2
> xextproto-7.1.2
> from "http://www.x.org/releases/individual/proto"
>
> Also configure option "--with-dri-driver-path" now is unrecognized.
>
> I mean it's bug of beta version.

No, it's the expected results as described when the server was released - you
need to use the git master versions of those packages for now.

	-Alan Coopersmith-        alan.coopersmith at oracle.com