test build fails: undefined reference to `__ctype_b'

Stuart Anderson anderson at netsweng.com
Tue Aug 16 00:16:34 EEST 2005

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005, Judith Lebzelter wrote:

> Hi again;
>
> I think I've narrowed down the error causing the failure to build on my
> Gentoo:
>
> In '/root/tet/xts5/tset/Xproto/gtkybrdmpp':
>
> /root/tet/lib/tet3/libapi.a(rescode.o)(.text+0x3b8): more undefined
> references to `__ctype_b' follow
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [Test] Error 1

Did you build libapi.a yourself? or use the downloaded libs? There will
likely be compatibility problem with a C library mismatch when linking a
lib built with an older C library w/ object build on a really new C
library.

If you can build the tet package from the source, this problem shouldn't
happen.

> BTW, if I go into the test directory and type 'make Test',  it does not
> work because none of the variables get set and the make fails (for the
> wrong reason).  I have to add the tetbuild.cfg file to get it to make.
> This seems to be a problem for all the tests.

You will need to use 'wbuild' instead of make to build individual
directories. It takes care of setting all of the env for you.

                                 Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson at netsweng.com
Network & Software Engineering                   http://www.netsweng.com/
1024D/37A79149:                                  0791 D3B8 9A4C 2CDC A31F
                                                  BD03 0A62 E534 37A7 9149