Segmentation fault when using xrandr and vesa

Arne Georg Gleditsch argggh at linpro.no
Wed Sep 6 08:22:22 PDT 2006

Hi,

When changing screen resolution with xrandr on a server using the vesa
video driver, we have been experiencing segmentation faults.  It turns
out that xf86EnableDisableFBAccess is called twice to disable the
display (and twice to enable it).  This clobbers
pScrnInfo->pixmapPrivate, which is supposed to keep the backup copy of
pspix->devPrivate.  The end result is that pspix->devPrivate is null
when the operation is completed, causing fbBlt to segfault. (This is
without USE_MMX, which might be of consequence.)  I don't know if
calling xf86EnableDisableFBAccess more than once is supposed to be
allowed, but at least the appended patch renders it harmless.

--

							Arne.