libshadow + fb fix

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Tue May 23 11:59:20 PDT 2006

* Adam Jackson <ajax at nwnk.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 May 2006 10:39, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> > This fix adds some (non-compiled) file from libfd to libshadow,
> > so the misssing symbols can be resolved.
>
> Absolutely not.
>
> Notice the big chunks of fbcmap.c under conditional compilation.
> It has to be compiled once per DDX to match the #defines for each one.

hmm, so it has to be added to the individual DDX'es instead of libfb ?

AFAICS there are exactly two cases in fbcmap.c:
a) XFree86Server is defined
b) -''- not defined

So we could easily split it off into two files and add just the right
file to the individual DDX'es.

Could anyone give me an hint, why and when XFree86Server exactly
is defined ?

> Also, please stop using this list, it's long since served its purpose,
> there's effectively no non-modular X development anymore so all this
> should be happening on xorg at .

I'll just continue this thread in this list (since it was
started here) and post new things to xorg@, okay ?

cu