Xorg 7.1 + Mesa 6.5 + uClibc 0.9.28 + gcc 4.1.1, extensions/libglx.so lockups

Kevin Day thekevinday at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 17:53:51 PDT 2006

When I type startx the screen goes blank, and the machine locks up,
and must be hard-rebooted.

The /var/log/Xorg.0.log stops having information on the libglx.so
module loading.

So, to test, I tried gdb, but gdb does not prevent the Xorg from
switching the screen mode and the system still locks up, even in
stepping mode.

I renamed the extensions/libglx.so file to another name so that
it would not be found and therefore could not load, and Xorg starts.

I cannot figure out where to begin to look for this problem.  Not even
a kernel panic has a chance to occur, the entire system locks like
that other operating system I need not name.

If I can get some steps I need to take to find the problems and deal
with this issue.

Major files are:
  Xorg 7.1 Stuff:
   xorg-server 1.1.0:
     ./configure --with-mesa-source=$WO/Mesa-Build --enable-dri \
     --enable-glx --enable-glx-tls --enable-lbx --disable-fontcache \
     --enable-xgl --enable-xglx --enable-xegl --disable-secure-rpc \
     --enable-multibuffer --enable-dmx

   Mesa 6.5:
     sed -i 's|lib/modules|lib/X11/modules|' src/glx/x11/dri_glx.c
     sed -i 's|lib/modules|lib/X11/modules|' \
     src/mesa/drivers/dri/Makefile.template
     make linux-dri-x86

   Gcc 4.1.1
   uClibc 0.9.28