modular mesa version

Drew Parsons dparsons at debian.org
Thu Jan 19 05:46:32 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 12:19 +0000, Daniel Stone wrote:

> > > But the failure in symlink-mesa.sh is handled as
> > > error() {
> > >         echo
> > >         echo \ \ \ error:\ \ \ $1
> > >         exit
> > > }
> > >
> > > Should that be "exit 1" instead of "exit"?
> >
> > I think daniels fixed that in CVS since  7.0.
>
> Nope, I only fixed configure.ac to bomb; I'll do symlink-mesa.sh now.

Thanks.

By the way, I can now confirm that modular Xprt builds and runs fine
with GLX (using mesa 6.4 of course).

glxgears connects to the Xprint server and spins away happily.  Not
exactly sure just what it (glxgears) is actually doing there, but Xprt
seems to be quite magnanimously humouring it.

While I was at it, I tested that Xprt builds and runs fine without LBX.
So I guess LBX can be switched on or off for the Xprint server based on
the same reasoning that it would or would not be for a normal video
server.  I suppose it might be helpful in a low-quality networked
environment where clients connect to a central Xprint server.

In other words, my autogen line for Xprt is now simply

 ./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/xorg-modular/ --enable-xprint=yes
--disable-dri

plus --with-mesa-source=...  to include GL support.

(I only used --disable-dri cause I didn't feel like fiddling about with
libdrm, it's not relevant to Xprint anyway, I'm sure).

Drew