modular mesa version

Drew Parsons dparsons at debian.org
Thu Jan 19 03:35:36 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 21:26 +1100, Dave Airlie wrote:
> > The Modular Developers Guide says if GL support is desired then mesa 6.4
> > source should be available.  Is v6.4 a strict dependency, or is anyone
> > able to summarise why v6.4, rather than 6.3, say, is required?
>
> Well the mesa 6.4 stable branch is required really, the reason being
> the Xserver needs to build the Mesa source into GLcore, Mesa moves
> files around between releases,.. so you need a certain version for all
> the Makefiles and scripts to work..

Yes, I see it now.  xorg/GL/symlink-mesa.sh fails with mesa 6.3, saying
Fails with error:   extra/mesa-6.3.2/src/mesa/main/execmem.c not found

The autogen step continued regardless. I think it was supposed to stop
there because the GLX section in xorg/configure.ac says:
        if test $? -ne 0; then
                AC_MSG_ERROR([Failed to link Mesa source tree.  Please
specify a  a proper path to Mesa sources, or disable GLX.])
       fi

But the failure in symlink-mesa.sh is handled as
error() {
        echo
        echo \ \ \ error:\ \ \ $1
        exit
}

Should that be "exit 1" instead of "exit"?

Drew