What distros/flavours provide modular X.org?

Mon Jan 2 11:59:02 PST 2006

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> (I carbon-copied this to two lists. Maybe consider only replying back to
> the x-packagers list.)
>
> What Unix/Linux/Other Vendors' distributions or flavours provide modular
> X.org?
> If not in the distro yet, is it expected in upcoming release? When?

Solaris x86 is moving to Xorg 6.9 first.   (RC2 is our current Solaris
Express Community Edition release, I'm working on getting the final
release ready to go in now, then backporting to the next Solaris 10
update release.  Solaris 10 3/05 included Xorg 6.8.0, and S10 1/06
includes Xorg 6.8.2.)

This gets the updated drivers and new features like EXA to our users
while we get time to figure out how to move to modular and convert our
build scripts to work with it.   There's no firm timeline for this yet.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com