What distros/flavours provide modular X.org?

Matthieu Herrb matthieu.herrb at laas.fr
Sun Jan 1 08:52:49 PST 2006

Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> If not in the distro yet, is it expected in upcoming release? When?

For OpenBSD, I'm currently in the process of merging X.Org 6.9.0 (the
monolithic release) into OpenBSD's CVS repository for OpenBSD 3.9 (which
is scheduled to be released in may).

OpenBSD will probably switch to the modular X.Org in the future after
that, but I have no precise idea of when yet.

There are a number of issues to be adressed first (get it working on all
supported OpenBSD architectures, solve some build time dependencies
problems,...) before we can actively think about switching.
--
Matthieu Herrb