generic way for overriding libtool

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Fri Feb 17 09:09:17 PST 2006

* Gabor Gombas <gombasg at sztaki.hu> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 05:21:35PM +0100, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
>
> > Isn't there any generic way for configure to use an external
> > libtool (by parameter or env) ?
>
> Not for configure, but you can override it during make:
> 	make LIBTOOL=/bin/true

Ah, cool. So I dont need to patch every ltmain.sh anylonger ...

BTW: I've now already started over hacking @ autotools and
replaced the ltmain.sh source (autoreconf made it necessary)

Once of the next steps will be replacing several standard
checks by simple database queries, so I a) save much time
and b) have full control (by manually managing this database)
over the whole thing.

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service
  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de