generic way for overriding libtool

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Mon Feb 13 08:21:35 PST 2006

Hi folks,

for my automated (cross-)build environment, I need to override
the libtool command. I've written an libtool replacement
(based on my universal toolchain), so I can do sysroot'ed
builds properly.

Currently I have to patch each individual package to call
my own libtool (adding an exec line to ltmain.sh ...), but
as the number of packages grows, it sux to do this for
each package by hand.

Isn't there any generic way for configure to use an external
libtool (by parameter or env) ?

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service
  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de