RC1 TODO list for modular tree

Stefan Dirsch sndirsch at suse.de
Sat Sep 24 04:02:29 PDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 06:24:18PM -0400, Kevin E Martin wrote:
> Below is a list of the tasks left to do before we can cut RC1 for the
> modular tree.  If everyone could help with these tasks, I think we could
> finish RC1 for the modular tree in a few days.  Also, if there are other
> tasks that we need to complete before RC1, please add them to the list
> below.
>
> [...]

I wonder what has happened to imake. It's mentioned in
ModuleComponentList, but up to now util/imake is still empty. :-(
There are still many programs which use imake as build system, and I'm
afraid that many/most of them will never be converted to autotool
(because no longer maintained, but important nevertheless). I remember
last time I broke imake about 100 packages failed because of this and
SUSE is a small Linux distribution with only about 5000 packages.

In case imake won't be modularized. What would be the workaround to
build these imake build based programs. "Build imake by using the
6.9 monolithic tree"? Hmm ...

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available