Xprt unable to find transport: tcp

Drew Parsons dparsons at debian.org
Wed Sep 21 08:40:33 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 22:39 +1000, Drew Parsons wrote:

> > > ./configure: line 24378: XTRANS_CONNECTION_FLAGS: command not found
> > >

> > ACLOCAL="aclocal -I /opt/xorg-modular/share/aclocal"
> >

> I set ACLOCAL with -I, and got the following error:
>
> $ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/xorg-modular/ --enable-xprint --disable-glx
> --disable-xinerama --disable-dri
> autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
> autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
> autoreconf: running: aclocal
> /usr/share/aclocal/gtk.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of
> AM_PATH_GTK
>   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
>   or see
> http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
> /usr/share/aclocal/glib.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of
> AM_PATH_GLIB
> configure.ac:24: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
> /usr/share/aclocal/xtrans.m4:80: XTRANS_CONNECTION_FLAGS is expanded
> from...
> configure.ac:24: the top level
> autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
> aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
> autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1

The error occured because of changes to xserver/xorg/configure.ac I was
experimenting with to get UNIXCONN defined (before I knew about the
xtrans module).

After installing the xtrans module and setting ACLOCAL, and, more
importantly, reinstating the original configure.ac (cvs update -C), the
error does not appear.

UNIXCONN and TCPCONN are now defined in xorg/include/dix-config.h.

The Xprt binary again compiles sucessfully.

When I run it, however, all I get is:

Fatal server error:
no screens found

Not quite there yet!  Any clues on what to try next?  Otherwise, I'll go
back to old build logs and try to compare build conditions bit-by-bit.

Drew