RC1 TODO list for modular tree

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Sep 20 00:23:16 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 18:24 -0400, Kevin E Martin wrote:
> 2. Make sure that all of the files that are linked into the modular tree
>    are actually built/installed (as appropriate).
>
>    * I've found a couple of files that are symlinked in but never built
>      (e.g., xserver/xorg/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux/lnx_apm.c and
>      .../lnx_acpi.c) because they are not included in the Makefile.am.
>    * There are probably other instances of files that are symlinked but
>      not included in any Makefile.am's.  We need to find these files and
>      add them to the build.
>
> 3. Make sure that the default defines are enabled in the modular build
>    just as they are in the monolith.
>
>    * The files that I listed above in #2 are not causing build problems
>      currently because the XF86PM define that is on by default in the
>      monolith is not defined anywhere in the modular tree.

This is semi-deliberate.  The APM code is broken by design, with
interdependencies on global data variables.  I fixed this by making the
os-support function return a struct full of pointers to functions, but
only got as far as Linux, and never fixed it properly for the BSDs.  I
ran out of time with uni stuff, and it's probably since been nuked.

Cheers,
Daniel