Xprt unable to find transport: tcp

Drew Parsons dparsons at debian.org
Wed Sep 14 08:19:10 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 15:26 +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:

> > When I try to invoke it with "./Xprt :74 -ac -pn -nolisten tcp -audit 4
> > -fp <.../file/paths...>", it complains
> > _XSERVTransTransNoListen: unable to find transport: tcp
> >
> > Fatal server error:
> > Failed to disable listen for tcp transport
> >

> Okay.  You need to find the file that includes <X11/Xtrans/transport.c>
> (usually xstrans or so), and make sure it includes your config.h, which
> should have stuff like UNIXCONN defined.  Although this should just be
> happening in the DIX.

I've got a hint where this is happening.  In xorg/include/dix-config.h
(which is #included in xorg/os/xstrans.c) both UNIXCONN and TCPCONN are
left undefined.

In my previous attempt they were both defined.  The difference is in
xorg/configure.ac.  Previously there had been definitions for UNIXCONN
and TCPCONN:
AC_ARG_ENABLE(unix-transport,[  --disable-unix-transport ], [UNIXCONN=$enableval], [UNIXCONN=yes])
AC_ARG_ENABLE(tcp-transport, [  --disable-tcp-transport ], [TCPCONN=$enableval], [TCPCONN=yes])

Currently these definitions are absent from configure.ac.

I also get a warning during configure:

./configure: line 24378: XTRANS_CONNECTION_FLAGS: command not found

Certainly related, no? (I've  now installed lib/xtrans as suggested in
 configure.ac but maybe it  didn't help).  I imagine this is why the
 undefines appear in  dix-config.h.

I can see XTRANS_CONNECTION_FLAGS (along with --enable-unix-transport
and the CONNs) defined in xtrans.m4 in lib/xtrans.  I installed this
module, and can see that xtrans.m4 has gone
into /opt/xorg-modular/share/aclocal. Why isn't configure finding it?
I've been using ./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/xorg-modular/.

What's the next hint?

Drew