Xkb headers for server; Xprt unable to find transport: tcp

Drew Parsons dparsons at debian.org
Tue Sep 13 07:21:18 PDT 2005

I've built a fresh modularised Xprt binary from a recent CVS update.

I tried to use CVS with minimal additions (./autogen.sh
--prefix=/opt/xorg-modular/ --enable-xprint --disable-glx
--disable-xinerama).  I reach a point where ddx misses some xkb
definitions:

> ddxLoad.c: In function 'XkbDDXCompileNamedKeymap':
> ddxLoad.c:246: error: 'XkbBinDirectory' undeclared (first use in this function)

This error goes away if I install proto/KB (kbproto.pc).  Should
kbproto be added to the REQUIRED_MODULES list at l.278 in
server/xorg/configure.ac, or is it supposed to be handled with
--with-xkb-path?  After installing kbproto, Xprt builds with no further
errors.

When I try to invoke it with "./Xprt :74 -ac -pn -nolisten tcp -audit 4
-fp <.../file/paths...>", it complains
_XSERVTransTransNoListen: unable to find transport: tcp

Fatal server error:
Failed to disable listen for tcp transport

Might this be an error in modularised xtrans, or will I solve it by
continuing to compare -D definitions from monolithic builds and getting
the modular build in line to match?

If I remove "-nolisten tcp", Xprt fails to start for a different reason:
Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't
already running

(no, there is no other server running at display :74).

By the way, thank you whoever it was that got Xprint into the xorg
module.  I'm happy I was able to get this far.

Drew