Xprt: cfb needs compiler.h

Drew Parsons dparsons at debian.org
Tue Oct 25 18:11:25 PDT 2005

I'm trying to build Xprt, so I'm using the autogen line:

./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/xorg-modular/ --enable-xprint --disable-glx
--disable-xinerama --disable-dri

No dependency errors during autogen seem to appear. I've got the protos,
libs and macros installed.

The build proceeds, but fails at cfb with:

In file included from cfb8bit.c:53:
cfbmskbits.h:42:27: error: xorg/compiler.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [cfb8bit.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/drew/projects/xprint/modular7.0/xserver/xorg/cfb'

cfbmskbits.h says:

#if defined(XFREE86) || ( defined(__OpenBSD__) && defined(__alpha__) ) \
        || (defined(__bsdi__))
#include        "xf86_ansic.h"
#include        "compiler.h"
#else
#include <xorg/compiler.h>
#endif

so it looks as if XFREE86 might have normally been switched on when the
module was built, providing compiler.h, but with --enable-xprint it is
switched off and the alternative xorg/compiler.h is not offered.

What's the best way to untangle it?

Drew