[libXext] configure should check whether `X11/Xauth.h' is present?

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Fri Oct 7 21:58:32 PDT 2005

* Dawid Gajownik <gajownik at fedora.pl> wrote:

<snip>

> Maybe configure script should check whether Xauth.h file
> is present in the system?

I dont think it should check for every header file.
We're already using pkgconfig, and IMHO thats the right way:
Check for required modules. We simply have to assume, that
modules are either installed correctly or absolute.

Where should it end up if we put consistency checks for imported
stuff into other packages ?! This isn't really practicable.

BTW: I'm really glad that we do importing via pkgconfig and
not these thousand other (mis)features of autoconf. Pkgconfig
is easily interceptable, so customized build environments
(ie. sysroot'ed) are quite easy to implement (yeah, there are
still some pitfalls, ie. libtool doesn't work with that).

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service
  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de